About The Trainer
- Professional Member of the
International Association of Canine Professionals.
- Head Trainer and Breeder/Puppy selector at
Red Maple Service Dogs
- Certified Dog Trainer through IACP CDT certificate exam.
- CKC Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor CTDI
- Canadian Kennel Club Member
- Presenter of Be a Tree program through Doggone Safe
- Insured through PRO Fur Insurance
- Authorized Dealer of E-collar Technologies remote training collars and related products
- Member of the
Responsible Dog Owners of Canada
Hi, My name is Sarah McMurdo IACP CDT CTDI and I'm the head trainer at Paws Forward in Ontario Canada. I specialize in obedience and service dog training.
I will work with any dog with any issues, if your dog has problems that other trainers have tried to help you with but have been unsuccessful or you have been told that the problems are not fixable please contact me first.
My unique and back to basics training techniques have helped countless dogs with many issues from basic obedience to house manners, severe aggression, leash reactivity, puppy selection and everything in between.
I have experience working with rescues, boarding kennels, training service dogs and much more. I have written articles for training sites, spoken and given seminars about dog training and leash reactivity. I have also personally titled and trained my dogs in obedience, tricks, therapy, personal protection and tracking.
Certificates and Continuing Education
Ontario Veterinary College Mini Vet School -
2013 Global Vets
Leash Reactivity - A Comprehensive Approach (Tyler Muto) - 2016 Leerburg University
How To Manage Dogs - A Road Map to Success - (Ed Frawley) - 2016 Leerburg University
Working spot with Dog - Two-day Hands-on Dog Training Workshop (Jeff Gellman) -
2016 Fergus, Ontario
How to Work with Aggressive Dogs -
(Ted Efthymiadis) - 2016
Certified Dog Trainers Exam - 2016
Certified Trick Dog Instructor Exam - 2019
Canadian Kennel Club Member - 2019