Service and Skilled Companion Dog Program
We specialize in training service dogs for;
- Mobility assistance dogs - a special type of Medical Assistance Dog primarily trained to assist their disabled handler with locomotion (defined as moving from one place to another by any means, including on foot or in a wheelchair). Mobility Dogs help people with impaired balance, gait, or coordination to safely walk or regain their footing after a fall, and they help individuals who utilize crutches or other assistive devices, including wheelchairs, gain unprecedented levels of independence, freedom and mobility.
- Seizure Response - trained to assist people who have epilepsy or other seizure disorders with tasks such as activating a life-alert system, finding someone to help, retrieving a phone or stimulating a person during a seizure. As a person recovers from a seizure, a seizure response dog can retrieve medications or food, act as a brace to help them up and provide comfort.
- Facility Assistance Dogs - A Facility Dog is one that is trained to be polite and well-mannered to everyone they meet. They are trained in the same manner as a service dog, though they are usually placed in nursing homes, assisted living, mental health and juvenile detention facilities.
- Psychiatric service dogs - A psychiatric service dog is a specific type of service dog trained to assist their handler with a psychiatric disability or a mental disability, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder .
- Cross Trained Service dogs - a dog trained specifically to the clients needs. Please contact us and let us and we can work together to fit you with the right dog.
- Autism Service Dog - An autism service dog is a service dog trained to assist an autistic person to help them gain independence and the ability to perform activities of daily living similar to anyone else.
We also train skilled companion dogs. Please contact us if you would like to donate a dog to this program or if you would like to volunteer to puppy raise a prospective service dog for us from 8 weeks to 6 months.
We offer two types of trained dogs:
Completed Service dogs: Our service dogs are raised specifically for this type of work from 8 weeks to 1-1.5 years. They are pubic access trained and we teach specific tasks relating to the need of the client. These dogs are fully vetted, spayed/neutered, micro chipped and health tested. They have completed all temperament tests and advanced obedience training required for public access. They come with lifetime support.
You must have a valid Doctors note to apply for a Service Dog
Cost $16,000 to 20,000 (payment plan available)
Skilled Companion dogs: Our skilled companion dogs have gone through the same training as our service dogs with the exception of public access.These dogs make excellent skilled family pets as well as therapy, facility or emotional support dogs . These dogs are fully vetted, Spayed/neutered, micro chipped and health tested. They have competed all temperament tests and advanced training. They come with lifetime support. See below for the dogs currently in training.
Cost 8,000.00 (payment plan available)
Owner trained dogs
We offer select packages for owners who have already chosen a dog or already have a dog they would like to train as a service dog.
Public access training: This package includes 3 to 6 months of public access training for any dog over 6 months old that passes our temperament test requirements. It includes advanced obedience and public access training. The dog will stay onsite with us during the training and will have bi-weekly meetings with the handler.
Cost $8,000.00 (payment plan available)
Temperament test Cost $200.00
We can also help via private lessons
(please see private training page for prices and info)